Monday 6 December 2010

What the difference a chin makes

Eyes
Face
Gather round! Roll up! Admire the new Lara croft. Younger! Less experienced! And many other things too!

I don't really want to talk about this new Lara. However I do want to talk about the fact that for some reason I far prefer the eyes to the face.

When I first saw this new Lara Croft announced, the only image used was that of the eyes. The first image. From that I then I unconsciously built up an idea of the face. I don't think I could describe it; I just know it's not the face that is presented in the second image.

It's had a weird effect on me. Despite Lara being very attractive, her face just looks wrong. It's like someone wearing someone else's eyes.

As a being of immense natural beauty myself, I'm curious about what makes someone attractive. Obviously there's symmetry, and that plays an important part, but we do also say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Could you define beauty for someone as such: if given a part or feature of someone's face, if they are beautiful to us, we can guess the rest?

Is beauty really just familiarity perfectly mirrored?

No comments:

Post a Comment